Thursday, September 27, 2007

How Libras Get Their Way

(Scene: The Matthew The Astrologer laboratories. MATT types at the keyboard while in the background, LIBRA re-arranges the magazines on the coffee table.)

MATT: God, this is frustrating!

LIBRA: What's that, honey?

MATT: I was all pumped and ready to write something about the influence of this last New Moon in Libra, and all I can do is sit around and read poetry online and crap like that. It was trining my natal Venus, so you'd think I'd have something to say about it. But I'm stuck for words.

LIBRA: I notice you changed the layout on the blog. I like it. It's my favourite.

MATT: Me too. (Pauses) Wait, isn't this the same color scheme you said you liked last week?

LIBRA: Yes sweetie. I see you like it too.

MATT: Funny thing is, a few days ago I wasn't sure it was professional-looking enough.

LIBRA: I remember you saying that. (Pinches MATT'S cheek) You're so silly!

MATT: Come to think of it, I was dead-set against it.

LIBRA: Actually, what you said was "Okay. I'll think about it."

MATT: And the more I thought about it the more I didn't like it. Matter of fact, I couldn't stand it. But after you gave me that neck rub I calmed down. But I still didn't like it that much.

LIBRA: You liked it when I said that colour scheme brought out your eyes. (LIBRA runs her fingers through MATT'S hair) You have beautiful eyes.

MATT: Thanks. But I didn't actually say I'd change everything just because you liked it... I said "Okay. I'll think about it."

LIBRA: But someone as smart... and handsome... as you knows the value of reconsidering things you may not have questioned otherwise. Otherwise, you might just be wrong. And you wouldn't want to be wrong about something this important to me, would you? it's called "partnership," and even monkeys know the value of partnership. (Squealing with delight) Look at the monkey! He's so cute! You liked my monkey idea too!

MATT: Well... (sighing) I suppose, since you like it so much, it can stay.

LIBRA: That's what I adore about you. You understand how partnership works. (Pauses thoughtfully) Would you be willing to co-sign a loan for me?

MATT: I'm not sure that's such a good idea. I've seen your spending habits.

LIBRA: I love a man who knows how to be responsible. It's so... manly.

MATT: (Pauses) Okay. I'll think about it...




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

no one could have done it better!

*Star* said...

oh! we Libras bossy? nahhh :P
sometimes, just *sometimes* we get our way. you know... we just wish we could help...