Sunday, September 14, 2008

Venus In Aquarius In The Seventh: An Interview

"The world is so full of people, so crowded with these miracles that they become commonplace and we forget... We gaze continually at the world and it grows dull in our perceptions. Yet seen from another's vantage point, as if new, it may still take our breath away."
-Alan Moore


(SCENE: MATTHEW THE ASTROLOGER'S bedroom. MTA is asleep, hidden under a quilt. A grey cat sleeps curled in a ball on top of the quilt, next to him. Hovering in mid-air over the bed is VENUS IN AQUARIUS IN THE SEVENTH, sitting in a lotus position, wearing a handmade Peruvian hemp poncho and faded, tattered jeans. The cat awakes, sees V7H, and runs away panicked. )

V7H: Hey brother!

MTA: (Waking up suddenly) What the hell are you doing here? It's Sunday morning!

V7H: I heard about the bad trip you had with Neptune and thought I'd check in on you.

MTA: Well, um.... thanks. Your timing is a little peculiar though, isn't it?

V7H: I don't follow the usual rules.

MTA: I guess, being Venus, the bedroom is a natural too.

V7H: Don't get any ideas. Besides, that whole part of my role is waaaay overstated.

MTA: Love and affection aren't a part of what Venus does?

V7H: Of course. But there's all kinds of love.

MTA: I guess I could make some kind of hippie love commune joke here. I shouldn't, though.

V7H: If it feels good, do it. Everyone should be free to follow their bliss as they see fit, barring harm to another of course. Love comes in many forms, and moves us in different ways, and all of it adds to the Greater Good. No... it multiplies. Love, in its truest form, is so much more than just physically and mentally bonding with someone for the endorphin rush that produces. That's great... don't get me wrong... but ultimately, that's just mistaking the evidence of Love for Love Itself. I think that's where a lot of people get tripped up by their Venus.

MTA: So how does the experience of "love" feel for you?

V7H: I prefer not to feel it so much as to do it. Love is many things. It's a noun and a verb. It's the kind word at a difficult time. It's the change landing in a panhandler's cap. It's putting things back so others can use them. It's standing up to tyranny. And yes, it is also the embrace of a loved one. In the context of romantic love... the same things apply. Except in that case, you are simply applying the general principle to the specific person.

MTA: You're kind of in an interesting place. I don't mean my bedroom, I mean in Aquarius... which has a reputation for being cool and stand-offish. Universal, but not personal. But you're also in my Seventh House, which is considered to be a very good place for you. At least, as far as all the traditional love and romance associations Venus has.

V7H: I find it makes it easier to express my higher ideals to others, especially within the context of a relationship. And when you share a house with Mars In Capricorn your whole life, you learn a few things about "getting along." There are worse things than having high ideals towards someone you love, isn't there?

MTA: I suppose so.

V7H: People are inherently worthy of love, merely for being people. It's too easy to forget that. And it's too easy to forget that romantic love comes with responsibility as well as pleasure. People treat it like it's a trip to Candyland... and then they crash after the sugar runs out. Or when the object of that love... who is worthy of love simply because they are human... turns out to be human. So many people grasp for Love, because it will do something for them. Like it's a pill that will compensate for the pain. But it's not about you. It's about the other. That's the easiest thing in the world to understand about Love. And, sometimes, it's the hardest thing to act on. It's less like Romeo and Juliet than most people realize... and more like Kirk and Spock. (Drifting towards the door) Gotta go... glad you're doing better...

MTA: Wait! Why not stick around a while?

V7H: I'm needed somewhere else.

MTA: You're such a humanitarian.

V7H: Not today, Brother. I've got a Star Trek convention to get to... (leaves)

(Part of the "Personal Planets" series. Click HERE to collect 'em all!)

.

.

The Amazing Surprise Economic Turnaround Astrology Experiment continues! Click here to read more, and to join in!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, I think this is my favorite of your personal planet series so far. But who can resist Venus???

flip said...

I totally love this post, but then I have Venus in Aquarius in the 7th house and Mars in Capricorn in my natal chart.

BEG

NR said...

Lovely! Nice Matt!