Thursday, June 25, 2009

Discount Capricorn Humor!

Hello Capricorn. I figured that since Saturn in Virgo is all nice and trine to Venus and Mars in Taurus, this ought to be a reasonably good time for you -- or so I figure. Of course, there's always a Capricorn ready, willing and able to pop up and volunteer that things are quite unpleasant, actually or maybe it's okay but my back hurts or something like that. This is why I love Goat People: they're so consistent.

For you Capricorns who are having trouble exploiting these solid transits (curse that New Moon opposing Pluto!), here's a little humor to lighten the day. You'd be pleased: since it's an old joke I re-wrote for you, I got a discount!

***

An old Capricorn and his wife are at the County Fair. There's a barn-storming pilot there with an old-school biplane, offering rides for twenty dollars. The Capricorn stands there and spends a long time looking at the plane and is clearly interested. The pilot notices this and approaches him about it.

"I'd love to," says the Capricorn, "but $20 seems pretty expensive."

"Tell you what," the pilot says. "If you and your wife can keep quiet for the entire flight, it's free. But if I hear one single noise out of you, it's double the cost."

"Deal!" says the Capricorn.

The pilot gets into the plane, and Capricorn and his wife get into the back seat.

The pilot takes off. He does insane barrel rolls and dives and loops and flies through an open barn and generally flies like a maniac, upside down and all over the place, all the while listening for a sound from the back of the plane. But he hears nothing.

Finally the pilot lands and gets out of the plane. The Capricorn approaches him and the pilot says, "Well, I've got to hand it to you: I didn't hear a thing. Congratulations... that ride was free."

"Thanks," says the Capricorn. "Of course, I almost said something when my wife fell out..."

2 comments:

Beth Turnage said...

Funny. And so very true.

Heidianne said...

I told this fabulous joke to the Capricorn hubby.
I waited for him to , you know... laugh, chuckle, argue.... He just said "And?"

Sigh.
Thank you Matt for being so right.