Sunday, August 10, 2008

Isaac Hayes And The Astrology Of Death

A man returns home from a weekend trip to hear his phone ringing. He answers it. It's his doctor calling.

"I hope you're sitting down," the doctor says, "because I have bad news, and worse news."

"Okay," the man says, "what's the bad news?"

"I have your test results here. They say you only have 24 hours to live."

"Oh my God!" The man says. "What news could be worse than that?"

The doctor answers: "I've been trying to get a hold of you since yesterday."

***

Academy-award winning singer and composer Isaac Hayes (August 20, 1942 at 4:00 AM in Covington, KY) died Sunday at the age of 65. I'd like to take this opportunity to touch on a particularly taboo subject among many astrologers and their clients: death.

A lot of astrologers won't discuss the timing of a death, or will only do so hesitantly. I can certainly understand that: it's not a pleasant subject, and tends to clash with the "love and light" glamour that many of us (myself included) want to cast all over a consultation. And no one wants to be accused of encouraging morbid thoughts, or of putting those thoughts into some one's head. But still... if astrology really can predict major life events, shouldn't we be able to predict this one? Isn't death a major life event?

Well... it is.

I've been waiting a while for a famous death with a confirmed time of birth to show how predicting death works, but the truth is that the techniques are far too complex to fit into a blog entry. I'd have to write a book. If I wrote a book, I'd have to call it "The Astrology Of Death." And then I'd have to change my name to Richard Houck. And then it would look totally self-serving when I tell you that "The Astrology Of Death" by Richard Houck (although not designed for those who are afraid of hard work and a lot of calculations) is the best damned astrology book you've never read and you should buy it right away.

For those of you familiar with the techniques Houck described, the death of Isaac Hayes is a classic. All the tertiary progressions and Vedic dasas are right where you would expect them to be. As a matter of fact, I'm going to go out on a bit of a limb and predict that the cause of death will be listed as pulmonary failure. But I have my fingers crossed when I say that.

Had Mr. Hayes been in contact with an astrologer keeping an eye out for these things, maybe... maybe... he would still be alive. After all, what's the point in knowing bad news is on the way if you can't do anything about it?

And how good was Richard Houck, and his techniques for predicting death? I know from personal experience and years or reading, re-reading, and then applying his techniques. Or finally: consider this from the very last page of the Second Edition of The Astrology Of Death: "Around 2002-2003 Richard Houck plans to relocate to Pensacola, FL. As necessary, call information there for his personal listed phone number. April Fool."

Richard Houck died on April Fools Day, 2001.

Hmmm.

.

.

No comments: