Friday, March 20, 2009

Could An Astrologer Have Warned Liam Neeson?

Unfortunately, probably not. But that's probably because of a lack of data rather than any inherent limitation to astrology.

In my previous article on the death of Natasha Richardson, I only really scraped the surface of the various astrological warning signs that an attentive astrologer might have seen. There were, in fact, more... and the comments on that entry pointed out more techniques yet that indicated the possibility of physical hazard.

One lesson I learned from practicing the techniques outlined in The Astrology Of Death is that if you are going to die, and you are of great importance to someone... your death is going to register as an important event in their birth chart. Unfortunately, we don't have a time of birth for Natasha's husband, Liam Neeson. And without it, his transits at the time of his wife's tragic accident are surprisingly... bland.

Liam Neeson was born June 7, 1952 in Ballymena, Northern Ireland. Without a time of birth, his transits are hard to read. Of course, the ongoing Saturn-Uranus opposition has been squaring Liam's natal Sun-Mercury-Venus conjunction off and on for over a year now, which undoubtedly has made trouble for him in one department of his life or another. But in all my tabloid gossip reading (a professional hazard for astrology bloggers) I don't recall ever hearing of any marital trouble with Liam and Natasha Richardson. Certainly, given the connection between Venus and one's love life, it would be a natural area of inquiry for any astrologer doing a reading for Mr. Neeson.

What this all raises with me is not so much an astrological observation, but two philosophical questions:

1) Have you ever noticed how many times, when someone loses a loved one suddenly, the story goes like this:

"We had been arguing, and he/she (ran out, had to go, got a call on the other line)... and the next thing I knew, the police were at me door telling my he/she was gone..." ?

2) Is there someone you should be talking to today?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matthew --

First I'd like to say that my thoughts are with Neeson and his family. They must be suffering greatly.

I took a look at Liam Neeson’s chart and I wanted to point out that his transits are not entirely bland. In his Solar chart, transiting Uranus in the 7th is forms a Yod with his natal Pluto in 12th and Sun in 10th . Transiting Yods have a way of turning otherwise innocuous sextiles into situations of frustration. In Neeson’s instance, you have a freak accident with a partner (7th Uranus) at the apex of the Yod. Pluto in the 12th is unforeseen danger (plus Pluto is conjunct his SN) and Sun in the 10th was a very public account of what happened.

Also transiting Uranus is forming a Yod with his natal Pluto and Neptune in Libra, as well.

Of course this is happening in his Solar chart, but I find Solar Charts to be about 80 percent accurate.

All the best ....

Matthew The Astrologer said...

NOTE: I won't be previewing my Astrologydating.com blog entries here from now on. Better get over there and subscribe to the RSS feed before you miss anything! Head over to astrologydating.com/blog and read the whole series... and ALL my new stuff... for free!